These are quick and easy to make with what you might have on hand.
brown paper grocery bags
individual candies (I chose a candy that was nut safe since someone in my class has a nut allergy)
fancy scissors or rotary cutter (optional)
1. Cut grocery bags into 4” x 4” squares (2 squares for each candy treat)
2. Set the sewing machine to a zig zag stitch to show the fancy thread. A fancy stitch or too short of a stitch length will tear the paper.
3. Sew 2 papers together with a 1/2” seam allowance. Sew on 3 sides and pivot at the corners.
5. Sew the last seam. It might be a little tricky because the candy is in the pocket. Cut threads.
6. (Optional) Trim the edges of the paper with fancy scissors or a fancy rotary cutter blade.
These were fun to make and are a good project to do like an assembly line.
I hope you enjoy making Valentine Surprise Pockets for your friends.
Quilt. Sew. Live. Breathe.