Now Touring: Celebrate Christmas with That Patchwork Place

July 3, 2014

The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming! Quick! Pick up this amazing book featuring designs by staffers at That Patchwork Place/Martingale and get ready in time for Christmas EVE (or more likely 4 a.m on Christmas morning right before all the little people come running downstairs to the tree all excited), or Hannukah or [...]

Read the full article →

An Interview with Angela Walters & give away with Craft Foxes

June 30, 2014

Hey there, Q-Bies! Did you ever want to get into the head of a particular quilter and pick their brain about quilterly things? We did! And we did!  We (along with Lisa Fulmer of CraftFoxes – check out the CraftFoxes blog!) recently had the opportunity to ask a few questions of quilter, teacher, author, fabric [...]

Read the full article →

Between the Covers! July/August issue

June 24, 2014

Getting an issue in the mail and on newsstands is pretty much like designing, piecing and quilting a quilt, and we’ve all been there with our hearts firmly and permanently stitched to our sleeves. Each issue is as unique as the quilts featured on the pages inside. Gracing the cover this issue is Ryder, a [...]

Read the full article →

Spring Quilt Market 2014 Highlights

June 22, 2014

We’ve spent the weeks since Spring Market busily finishing the July-August issue (more on that next week), but we’d still like to tell you a little about what we saw and soaked up during our time in Pittsburgh recently.  If you’ve ever heard  a Quilt Market virgin gush about how overwhelming and amazing and inspiring [...]

Read the full article →

The Thread: News From the Q-niverse

June 3, 2014

Austin Fashion Week Showcases Indie Talent What do you get when you add fabric, thread, ingenuity and creativity to an already creative southern city? You get Austin Fashion Week, which has earned a place as the 42nd most influential global fashion capital. (And the only one from Texas!) It showcases independent designers from all over [...]

Read the full article →

Block Builders that might have been…..

May 28, 2014

In our May June 2014 issue, we presented you with our top five favorite entries to our Block Builder feature in every issue. We thought you might like to see just how hard it is for us to pick and choose just five. (That is our maximum, some issues we only have room for two [...]

Read the full article →

Showing Off the Baby

May 15, 2014

Hello! This is Megan, your intrepid reporter coming to you from Quilt Market in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh! It’s been drizzling and raining all day, but that didn’t stop lots of shop owners and industry professionals from heading over to the convention center for Schoolhouse. What is Schoolhouse, you ask? The day before the Market show [...]

Read the full article →

To Market! To Market!

May 13, 2014

Pittsburgh, are you ready? A whole buncha people who drool over fabric and love to create are hitting your fair city, and yes, we Gen-Qers will have our place in the horde. For those who don’t know, Quilt Market is the bi-annual industry trade show open to quilt shop owners, fabric and pattern designers and other related [...]

Read the full article →

Quilting With Code (And Some Giveaways)

May 8, 2014

Quilting, math and science have a lot to do with each other, as you’ll see in our just-released May-June 2014 issue. In Trendology, we write about the whole quilting-STEM connection. (That’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, for all you who don’t have a schoolkid at home.) And we also spotlight Libs Elliott and her computer-code designed [...]

Read the full article →

Stitch ‘n Swap Blog Party…Last Blast!

May 6, 2014

“Wrap it up,” they told me, and so I will. We’ve so enjoyed the last few weeks of blog partying for Stitch ‘n Swap, reading all the posts from our fellow contributors in this collective book about fun, quick and colorful ideas for swap-able gifts! And we’ve also loved all the support and great comments [...]

Read the full article →