MELISSA THOMPSON MAHER, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

Living and working in Albuquerque, New Mexico for many years, I’m a former
Kansas-native who grew up loving the cloth. It’s true like many of you I’m a little
newer to quilting; I’ve only made them for about 2 years. But I’ve been attached to a sewing machine for many more years than I care to count. I’ve always admired intricately pieced quilts, but it wasn’t until I saw some fresh, oh-so-yummy modern quilt designs that my fingers started to itch and the voices sang out “Yesss! Make those quilts!” Add in the fun and artful modern fabrics that have flooded the market,and my sewing machine now has a new purpose in life.

I have four grown kids (two still in college—feel sorry for me!), and couple of dogs and a dear hubby who all indulge my fabric fantasies. My email is melissa@generationqmagazine.com and I’d love to hear from you!

Jim Carnevale Identicon Icon Jim Carnevale July 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

This is way too exciting! I want to extend to you & Jake my very best wishes for success with Gen Q. I know it will be fantastic. It is a venue that the quilting world sorely needs and will benefit greatly from. Way to go!

April Rosenthal Identicon Icon April Rosenthal July 11, 2011 at 8:30 am

Can’t wait to get to know you and see what you come up with!
xoxo
April

Bonnie P Identicon Icon Bonnie P July 11, 2011 at 11:27 am

Congratulations to all of you. I’m sure this will be a success.

Deb Hirsch Identicon Icon Deb Hirsch July 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm

You guys are on a roll – can’t wait to see lots of cool stuff!

Kathy (Quiltswithconvicts) Identicon Icon Kathy (Quiltswithconvicts) July 20, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I think I have found what will fill the void left by the demise of Quilter’s Home Magazine. From what I’ve read so far, I really like this place!

Beth Rhodes Identicon Icon Beth Rhodes August 23, 2011 at 9:36 am

Im very excited for you! Just maybe that ‘q-bug’ is making its way to Springfield…… =)

Barbara Edmondson Identicon Icon Barbara Edmondson October 31, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hi Melissa, We met yesterday at Quilt Market in Houston, at Valerie Well’s booth. You gave me a bunch of post cards. I’ll hand them out to my students. Please visit my Facebook “Get Sewing” page and “Like” as I did with yours. Keep in touch.

Barbara

Regina Benson Identicon Icon Regina Benson July 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I would like to invite you to attend my artist exhibition on August 3rd, titled: Personal Landscapes: Created in Nature’s Studio art exhibit

Locations: Parrish Gallery, Chehalem Cultural Center, 415 E. Sheridan, Newberg, Oregon
August 3 – September 29, 2012
Artist Reception: Friday, August 3, 5-8pm

Artist Lectures:
Saturday, August 4, 11am – Noon: “Textile Art on the Curve” Materials & design for constructing fiber installations

Saturday, September 29, 1-2 pm: “Metaphorical Marks”
Processes of dying, discharging & rusting cloth

Gallery Hours: Tues-Thurs. 9am – 8:30pm; Sat. 10am – 3pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
Directions to the Chehalem Cultural Center: http://mapq.st/O29N4n

Image below “Wildfire II” – dimensional art quilt with imbedded LED’s
Hope to see you there!
Regina

Jean Hope Identicon Icon Jean Hope August 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Hi from New Zealand.
We have replied to your lovely email Melissa, but are having trouble getting it to bounce back to you, hence this reply!

Tell your daughter to contact us if she has a need … or not. We would be happy to help in any way, and even have a spare bed if required!

Will we see you in Houston at Market … I wonder?

Kind regards from us both

Jean + Geoff Hope
FABCO LTD

Ellen Follett Identicon Icon Ellen Follett May 29, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Hi Melissa,
I really enjoy your website. I am having a slight problem , though. Last week I went to print the directions for your Dot to Dot quilt ( FAll 2012) and was having trouble printing all the directions. I thought I would try again and now I can’t find it. Can you help me?
Thanks,
Ellen

megan Identicon Icon megan May 31, 2013 at 11:14 am

Hi, Ellen – Sorry about that. We’re working to re-organize some of the site and things get lost in the shuffle. For now, use this link to get to the pattern: http://generationqmagazine.com/the-magazine/current-issue/dot-to-dot-quilt-by-lisa-bee-wilson/

Jody Davis-Wood Identicon Icon Jody Davis-Wood May 30, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Hi Melissa,

I wanted to thank you for stopping at my booth and your interest in my new tools that I introduced at the Portland Quilt Market. I am sorry that I did not get a chance to visit your booth. I was working the show by myself so I did not get out much, but it was nice that you took the effort to stop and let me introduce you to my tools. I hope things are getting back to normal for you. I am just getting around to touching base with those of you that expressed an interest in my products. I would hope that you follow through and visit my site. I know have all of them up on my site. I have book marked your website and hope to follow up with you soon.

Jody Davis-Wood
Quilt N Peace

julie gier Identicon Icon julie gier July 18, 2013 at 1:47 am

I’m excited for you to come to Wichita! Looking forward to the meet and greet at Material Girls!